Monday, February 18, 2013

Welcome Miss Winter!

We picked Winter up yesterday afternoon. She is a very shy girl and our mission is show her that life off the track and with a family is a great place to be. She has been on two walks with our greyhound, Journey. She has a tendency to make constant U-turns as if to say, "Thanks so much, but I'll be going back to my crate, now." :) I am keeping her at my right side and give her a gentle nudge with my thigh when she makes her u-turn move. I noticed some improvement on the 2nd walk with her being able to relax a bit and take in some of the sights and sounds of the neighborhood. We encountered several small dogs and she did not react much at all. She is not a constant sniffer, like our male (a bonus in my book). We usually have our fosters sleep in our bedroom with us in an ex-pen, along with our own dog. But Winter has sort of indicated that that may be a bit too much for her right now. She is most comfortable in her crate so we play the radio on the classical music station for her through the night for some company. We'll see when she signals that she is ready to join the family upstairs. She doesn't have too much interest in our grey yet, but everything is so new to her. All in good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment